Facebook has recently unveiled new Facebook Open Graph Search, which raised lot of questions on how it will benefit millions of Facebook users across the world. Most importantly how it will impact the Facebook Fan page for brands.
According to Mark Zuckerberg, Graph Search is designed to take a precise query and give you an answer unlike general search engine which provides you links where you can possibly find the information you are looking for.
Facebook uses the data they have collected over the last few years to provide the answers to search queries, Facebook likes plays a key role to find users the perfect answer for search queries.
Facebook Graph search works towards providing real world’s precise answer. For example you are looking for friends who lives in “New York” Graph Search will return precise answer with details of your friends who lives in “New York”
First Impression about Facebook Open Graph Search
Facebook changes a little in look & feel for better which is pretty neat keeping it minimal, buttons moved from left to right side with a nice bigger search box in the left side. Search box is definitely more user friendly and appealing.
How will the Open Graph affect Brands & Marketing?
Promoting products and services on Facebook is an integral part of marketing strategy for any brand. So, how the new Facebook Open Graph search will change or impact brands is a million dollar question right now.
Or will it not any difference to brands at all?
As we already know Facebook Open Graph Search works on precise search action to provide precise result, it gives an edge to marketers to create definite contextual ads for target customers.
The Graph Search will help Facebook advertisers to target easily as it is able to find out what users are finding and what they like. So, the new search system definitely makes facebook much more intelligent.
How To Optimize Your Brand Page For Facebook Open Graph Search
To make the best out of Facebook Open Graph Search, it is important to optimize your page accordingly. It is important to fill in all the details on your page and set all the parameters right so that users can find your page easily using the new Graph Search.
Some of the important parameters which may affect your page on search are
- Location: If your business address is not set correctly on your page you may lose out on the Face Open Graph Search based on location.
- Category: Category is one very important factor for Graph Search because if it is not selected correctly you will not be able to drive targeted customers or users
- About Section: About section is very important to provide summary about your business, so use proper keyword to describe your business.
- Use Multimedia: Use of image and videos in any fan page is a great practice for engagement, get more likes which eventually will impact search.
- Optimize Image & Videos: Optimize images and videos you post on your page timeline by using proper keywords in description, tag timeline cover and profile picture.
- More Likes: Likes on your page has a great impact on the Facebook Open Graph Search, so try to generate more and more likes for the posts on your timeline.
Infographic On Facebook Open Graph Search
The infographic below describes in detail about how to optimize brand page for Facebook Open Graph Search
If you enjoyed this article, Get email updates (It’s Free)